Winter is in full swing and that means one thing: snow! If you’re like most people in Edmonton, Alberta, you probably dread the thought of having to go outside and shovel snow. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! In this article, we will discuss six tips for safe and effective snow removal. So whether you’re a homeowner or business owner, make sure to read these tips before heading out into the cold!
1. Wear the proper clothing. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to dress for the weather conditions. Make sure to wear layers of warm clothing, including a hat, scarf, and gloves. You don’t want to get frostbite!
2. Use the right equipment. Another important tip is to use the right equipment for the job. If you’re shoveling snow, choose a shovel that is comfortable for you to use. And if you’re using a snow blower, be sure to read the manual before operating it.
3. Take your time. One of the most important tips for safe and effective snow removal is to take your time. rushing through the job can lead to injuries. So take your time and be careful.
4. Push the snow, don’t lift it. If you’re shoveling snow, be sure to push the snow instead of lifting it. Lifting heavy loads of snow can lead to back injuries.
5. Don’t work alone. It’s always a good idea to have someone with you when you’re removing snow, just in case something happens.
6. Stay hydrated and take breaks. Finally, make sure to stay hydrated and take breaks often. Working in cold weather can dehydrate you quickly, so drink plenty of fluids and take a break every 15 minutes or so.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to safely and effectively remove snow from your property this winter. Stay safe out there!
Do you have any tips for safe and effective Edmonton Snow removal? Share them with us in the comments below!
Total Maintenance Service Ltd
10458 Mayfield Rd NW #201 Edmonton, Alberta T5P 4P4